Monday, November 7, 2011

Working Blog

Well hello all and welcome to my new blog, The Manga Diaries.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am an American graduate student who is currently living and studying in Japan. My thesis deals with hikikomori and how they are portrayed in Japanese pop culture, specifically in manga and anime. And before you ask, yes I was, and still am to some extent, one of those kids that watched Sailor Moon in middle school and never got out of how amazing I thought it was.

Since my thesis has to deal with manga and anime, I wanted to have a forum where I could post working ideas and thoughts about the things I read and watch. It helps me get my creative juices flowing and helps me work on my writing. I am an avid reader and I enjoy posting the theories that I make or my impressions on things around me.

If you have found this blog by accident or if I happened to tell you that I had made it, thanks for coming! Please feel free to leave me comments, but be respectful about them. Constructive criticism is always welcome when it comes to my writing and if you feel that I have looked at something wrong, message me and I will look into it. What is the point of academia if I cannot handle others who think differently than myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment